News / Blogs
Spring is here in Melbourne. But as we all know Melbourne’s weather changes drastically every now and then, you look at the sun, plan your day and halfway through you meet heavy drizzling. Just another routine that we follow in Spring Season. In few months time by December we will hit another scorching summer season.
All these weather and environment changes also have an impact on our vehicles, following are few tips for car owners to keep their vehicle in tune and up to the mark. This would add up so much value in your cars life and will make your life very easy whenever you are selling your car. Plus we also have to play our role in keeping the environment safe and clean and preserving our natural resources.
Engine Service – Tune up
We have to get regular engine service and tune-ups as mentioned in the car manual. Only one faulty spark plug can reduce engine oil consumption efficiency by up to 30%. Don’t wait for a miracle to happen if you are having a hard starting problem, or stalling problem or the car is having a rough idle state. Straight away have your car checked up by a good mechanic.
Timely engine oil change is really important for your car, it not only increase the car’s life but also improves fuel efficiency. Otherwise, smoke emission and breakdowns are something which we see on regular basis for the cars which are not maintained properly. Oil filters should also be changed regularly and for the rural suburbs where the weather a bit dusty regular change of air, fuel and PCV filters. Do an oil change earlier if you regularly make extended trips with extra load on the car.
A marginally operating car air conditioner have a higher probability to fail in the summers. Get it serviced by authorised mechanics only as air conditioners contain ozone-damaging chemicals and poor handling of service can be a cause of its release in the atmosphere. We all know the side-effects of that.
Coolant should be fully drained and refilled after every 24 months, it’s highly recommended to maintain the levels and keeping the radiator clean. Overheating is the main reason of summer breakdowns and cost of getting it repaired from there can be huge. We can avoid this by a regular checkup of coolant level in your cars.
Car batteries are another factor which can cause huge trouble for you. Maintenance of battery includes cleaning off corrosion from terminals and battery posts and tightening up the cables. Loose cables can cause battery drainage.
Change your tires timely, as poor quality tires can burst at high speeds, causing great damage. Regular checkup of tire pressures is highly recommended especially in summers as both high and low air pressures are bad for the tires. Also, avoid hitting tires on curbs and speeding through the breakers as it could damage the thread and weaken the tire.
Time to sell your car
Even very carefully maintained cars have a certain life, but there are certain scenarios which you shouldn’t ignore, such as car value loss and major mechanical and electrical faults which can take up more money than swapping your car.
Your engine and transmission are two most critical parts of your car. Every private car buyer checks this two first thing while making a decision, as getting these fixed can take some serious amount of investment. If you feel there are certain issues, like vibration, jerks, stalling and extra smoke which is not getting better even after service of your old car, then it is the right time to lay it off.
If you meet a car accident in which either your car is written off or you have to spend more than AUD 2000 in repair. Don’t think twice, sell the car and buy a new one.
The car has done more than 200K KMs on the clock, especially small cars. For a big car, the threshold is around 250 K KMs. No private owner will bid for your car, no matter how good the condition is. As this is considered as cars with less road life.
Your car model is too old and the car brand is not in demand in Melbourne, VIC region, such as American or Chinese cars. In this case, the more you wait, the less cash you would get for it. For absolutely fit car the price would get stagnant for a certain number of year but after that, it will fall drastically. So for a foreign brand car which has wear and tear, there is no point of keeping it for long.
Rapid Car Removal
Rapid Car Removal is a Melbourne-based car buyer and offer instant cash for all types, makes and models of cars, vans, utes and trucks.
To get premium cash quote for your cars which have road life left, contact us. For getting cash for cars with wear and tear or damaged send us the car pictures and details and we will provide you instant cash quote.
First of all let’s identify what is a junk or salvage car is, as one cannot just say that my car is a junk, right. A car becomes a junk or salvage or scrap car in view of Melbourne’s car buyers under following circumstances.
- The car model is very old and proper care is not taken
- The car is sitting idle in your driveway for many months and haven’t been started till late
- Your car met an accident, although newer in model but insurance has written it off
- You got an imported car and it is more than 10 years old. Few foreign brand cars does not have buyers in Melbourne as its maintenance cost is too high and parts cannot be found
So what to do if you have any one of the above. Well, there are few ways through which you can sell these types of cars.
- Posting an ad on Gumtree or other classified sites
- Posting an ad in newspaper
- Posting an ad in car sales or other car selling websites
- Calling a car wrecker for an instant quote and same day pickup
Well to proceed ahead you have to make few checks for yourself, as this would save you lots of time and headache.
- Is the car still driveable
- How much rego is still left with the car?
- Will the car need a towing service to be removed from your home
These are some important questions as private sellers cannot arrange a tow truck to pick the car from your home. The towing cost is simply too much for a private buyer to bear unless you are selling your relatively newer car at a very cheap price.
Rego is another important factor as private owners like to have a couple of months of rego with the car as it would help them to avoid getting a roadworthy certificate straightaway. On the other hand, if you keep your plates and registration you can return it to Vicroads and get cash for the remaining months of registration.
One should try a private sale if he has time for it.
Car wreckers may pay you less comparing to other private owners, this is the only downside of giving away your car to a wrecker but the advantages are way too much, like
- You don’t have wait to get cash for your cars
- You don’t have to answer all those irritating enquiries from every passer-by
- You don’t have to worry about explaining the exact condition of the car
So considering all these factors you should make a decision on whom to sell your car, as often times we have seen people contacting a car wrecker after waiting months and months for a decent private buyer.
Rapid Car Removal
Rapid Car Removal offers the best cash for junk, scrap cars in Melbourne, you can get an instant quote over phone or email.
We are one of Melbourne’s top paying car wreckers. We buy cars and trucks for cash from all over Melbourne including Geelong and Mornington Peninsula. We also provide absolutely free junk car removal service throughout Melbourne and its surrounding suburbs.
If you have been lately thinking about getting rid of your junk car, there are a few things that need to be considered before calling for a junk car removal service. You would want a good price for your car and a painless car removal process. To help you, here are certain things you might want to consider before you actually go about booking a scrap car removal service.
The first step you need to do when you sell scrap cars is to identify the owner. This may sound easy enough, you drive the car so the car is yours right? That could be very true, but the real owner of the car is the person on the title of the car. If the car is not in your name, you do not have a legal right to sell the car. Although car wreckers usually don’t bother about the ownership as they just have to scrap the car, they would ask for your driver license as the proof of the sale.
Does your car work or is it not working? What are the problems with the car. Trying to sell a car over Gumtree and Car Sales, that is not working can be very difficult. When an individual is looking to buy a car, they will usually not want to sink a lot of money into getting a junk car into working order after all there is roadworthy and registration work after that, so they are better off paying more for a car in better condition. If you sell junk cars that are not working you open yourself up to a host of problems. If your car is not working you won’t want to pay for repairs just to have a working car to sell.
Then you will need to decide whom to sell the car. When trying to sell junk cars in Melbourne there are laws that protect the consumer. If your car is not working, runs poorly, or is cosmetically defunct you consider selling your car to car wreckers. If your car is inoperable, the real value will be in the parts of the car. You will have to decide to sell off the parts to make any money off the car.
Things to consider if you are selling off the parts, will you have the time to invest in being there when someone comes to buy the parts and when you be mechanically responsible for taking the parts off.
If you allow someone else to eradicate their own parts, you run the liability that they may damage other parts that maybe usable by another buyer. Do remember, once you sell off the engine or transmission, no wrecker will want your car, as its just a shell now.
DON’T SELL JUNK CARS ON CAR SALES OR GUMTREE – Its just a waste of time!
I suggest not wasting money on advertising an old junk car. Fees can run as high as $25 per week and your car may not sell for several weeks. You have to decide if the value of your car is work that much. If you are selling your car for $500 and It list for 8 weeks your profit from your car will only be $300 because you will have paid $200 in sellers fees. You could opt to use one of those free sites, however a word of caution many people get scammed when they try to sell on free sites like Gumtree.
Selling your car online opens up a wide range of security related issues. To sell junk cars without a classified ad in Melbourne you can call Rapid Car Removal.
If you need instant cash for junk car you can sell your cars in Melbourne to Rapid Car Removal. They buy all types, makes and models of cars and trucks. So whether your car is running or not they pay top dollar for your unwanted car.
You can also try out these companies
- Best Cash for scrap cars in Melbourne
- Top car wreckers buying cars in Melbourne
- Truck Wreckers looking for trucks
- Cash for cars providers in Melbourne
Letting go of your “baby” is almost like letting go of an actual child for some car lovers out there. It’s understandable to be so attached to something that has participated in major moments and milestones in your life. Even it wasn’t a very pretty car or had a history of adversity, it’s extremely hard to simply start over from scratch with a new car. What if your car survived an accident, but received more damage than those who were inside? Is it worth latching onto your car when the Blue Book value and the cost of repairs do not add up?
If you’re asking yourself this question, then the vast majority of the time that answer is going to be a resounding “no”. If your car gets into an accident and is towed, you should be prepared to sell it off. Here is some advice on avoiding any more loss towards your investment.
Keep your Papers in Order
By keeping records of all the work you have had done to the car, you can get a better determination of how much value is left in the car after a major accident that renders the repair bill outside of your budget. This is extremely important, whether you salvage your car or take it to a mechanic for inspection. If your car does get towed right away at an accident, it will help you get a fair shake, rather than you taking whatever offer is given.
Is Your Car “totaled”?
Insurance companies deem a car “totaled” if the cost of repair exceeds the current market value. In all actuality, that limit is placed a bit under the car’s value, for good measure. When your car is in a wreck, your insurance provider may find it in their best interest to inspect the car and determine what they want to do with it. In some cases, the insurance company may want to cut you a check and salvage the car themselves.
If the car is deemed totaled, the best situation for you is to sell it to a wrecker directly, as the insurance company wants to make a profit themselves. Plus, the towing fees will be waived if you sell it to them, as well. What you never want to do, however, is to sit on a damaged car that cannot be driven and start losing money on storage fees.
To sum everything up, if you keep your paperwork in order, don’t panic in the event of a car wreck. Count your blessings that you or anyone else did not get seriously hurt, but do not procrastinate by wringing your hands over the loss of your beloved vehicle.
The best case scenario would be you having someone with you who is well-versed with cars and can recognise what is and isn’t salvageable with your car. If you do not have anyone who you can bring with you, then you must rely on the insurance company salvaging the car for you. Don’t hand over your title without finalising the sale. Once insurance guys have done their part, just call a wrecker and they will remove your car for free and if there is still any life left, they will pay cash for that car.
You can always reach out the car wreckers who care for you and are always ready to help you out in any way possible. We at Rapid Car Removal, we provide free advice to all who are in distress and don’t know what to do in the time of crisis.
Just give us a call and we will guide you step by step on how to recover from this loss.
About Rapid Car Removal
We are Melbourne’s largest car wreckers, we buy cars for cash throughout Melbourne region including Geelong and Mornington Peninsula. If you want to sell your car for cash and get free car removal then give us a call at 0438 942 754
The smartest way to get cash for your used car is to sell it quickly with the best price on it. Selling your car is like a competition of getting the attention of buyers into different cars with their mechanical condition, presentation and service. These can make a huge difference regarding the easy way of selling your car.
Here are some of the tips to avoid stress in selling your car:
- Price by pricing your car realistically, you eliminate the hassle of selling your car. By checking the prices of similar cars on those ads or magazines, or even online.
- Finance make sure that your cars have their outstanding finances which include the conditional sale agreement.
- Claims do not make reckless claims. Instead, be careful of your words that will not convince anybody.
- Facts describing the car the possible and accurate way is essential. Focus on the facts that will boost the interest of the buyers. Check if you quote the plate number/year, the months left in the MOT and exact location. Beware of the thieves that would pretend as potential buyers. Genuine buyers will come and will be happy to view and check out the car details by themselves.
- Conditions by stating the condition of your car on the receipt, this will help in avoiding stress in selling it. This is also if it needs substantial repairs.
- Documents make sure that you have all of the documents, history which includes the MOT certificates along with the service records. Do not let your buyers take photos of your car documents. Keep all of the receipts for any kinds of repairs.
If you have a fully stamped dealer record, it will add up to the value of your car. Make sure to hand over all important documents to the buyer.
If you are looking for the fastest and most convenient way of getting the highest price for your used car, the question is how can you do this? It’s quite simple because it depends on the supply and demand. In cash for cars, they are providing the easiest, fastest and safest way in selling your car. To avoid hassle in selling your car, check the website.
Rapid Car Removal is the oldest website and original among other car wreckers in Melbourne.
They are also offering quick car removal. And with this quick car removal, even just a single phone call will be enough. They will do it. This is how it works:
- Car removal team has free and instant online quotes for the scrap car
- Filling in the basic details about the car removal and confirming your quotes in just a few seconds. This is free and without any obligation
- Car removal staff will contact you to arrange the collection time
- Car removals team have a friendly and fully certified recycling centre that will come and collect your vehicle anytime that is most convenient to you.
- You will have a great price for the scrap car and with the payment on the day of the collection
Selling your car safe and easy is a simple procedure or process for Melbournites. How about selling your car without paying commissions to the car dealers and bypassing the cumbersome procedure of signing up to car sales portals. The plus side, you can sell your car in minutes without any sign ups and you won’t receive loads of unnecessary, time wasting, junk calls. On top of it, you can get the best cash rate for your car.
Here are some of the steps in selling your car easily and quick:
- It must be legit. Please check before hand that in registration car owners name is correct. And then, make it sure that it is clean. Check if there is an existing loan. In the event that there is, you cannot sell your car until your car is clear. Make sure that all liens are released.
- Fight for the right cash, it is your right when you are selling your car. Car wreckers are always looking for cars. They also tend to look for a car that is beyond their budget. Some are looking for specific models of the cars. The price would always be based on the type or model of the car, the features, condition and for wreckers which are providing free car removal service, the location of the car is also very important, as far the car is from their location, the more towing cost would incur. It is always better to check your car value by browsing car ads on different car sales website and determine what you want to get for it. If it comes with a competitive price, then sell it. Remember you are also saving a bulk load of time and time is money.
- Your car details and photos would love to get more details about your car including the model, the year, the make, the engine size, the mileage and the condition. You need to make a list of whatever your car has. Discover what makes your car more valuable than other cars of same make and model. The photos must be taken in a nice and clear day. Also, the inside and outside of the car such as odometer reading, engine compartment and anything must be made visible in your description.
- Car Deal and Pickup Usually car wreckers will offer you a quote over the phone. It is best for both parties to be very transparent and share complete details with each other, this would save time at the time of pickup. As any shocks at the time of pickup would force car wreckers to change their quoted price.
What really Rapid Car Removal has to offer? Cash for cars is a car recycling process which dismantles the cars for scrap metal and parts. Exchanging cash for cars has really turned out to be a good trade in the industry of automotive. Rapid Car Removal provides the easiest, safest and fastest way of selling your car. We are a Melbourne-based car wreckers with car buyers with right cash and deep knowledge. If you want to avoid all of the hassles and headaches, Rapid Car Removal is the right place for you.
Mostly, the vehicles at cash for cars may be sold all over the phone. The appraisers will go to your place, will get your vehicle and will pay you cash right on the spot. With just one call, we can buy your car at the top cash value. Call us now!