Guide For Used Car Buyers in Melbourne
In today’s fast paced world a car has become a necessity, especially when we talk about Australia. As the distances are so huge and the weather is very unpredictable. But buying a car is not easy. As you have to deal with so many issues to purchase a car.
One of the main consideration while purchasing a car should be to consider for how long will you keep and how would you like to sell it. Because it is tough to get the similar amount back on a car that you buy. Even if you try to sell it after a week of purchasing it.
New vs Used Cars
Our recommendation is that go with used cars if
- this is your first car, it’s better to build confidence on a used second-hand car then an expensive a brand new one.
- the car you want to buy is not available brand new in a showroom near you. Mostly imported cars have this issue.
- Finance constraints, you don’t want to invest too much in purchasing a car
Whether it’s new or old there are few costs that you will have to bare. Like car registration cost, stamp duty on transfer of vehicle on your name and car insurance (if you want to get one). So keeping in view getting any car new or old would have this cost attached to it.
Things to Look into While Buying a Car
Now while purchasing a second-hand car one should always be very careful. Following are few key points that you should consider while making that decision
- The title is clear: it is important that you run a PPSRC on the rego number of the car. One can sell you a repairable write-off or financed car, without you knowing it.
- Car parts are easily available in Melbourne. It is very tough to find parts for few brands, especially European and American car brands. Even if you find the parts the cost would be too much so it is better to find a car whose parts are easily available, like Ford, Holden and Toyota.
- Engine, transmission and suspension is fit, consult a mechanic and have him check the car for you as if one of these 3 is not good it will cost you a fortune to get it fixed
- Body is clean, having minor dents and scratches is ok but a hanging bumper and big dents can cost you a lot to remove.
Where to Look While Purchasing a Car
There are multiple options that you can go with. You can have a look at your local car dealers or go online and search for the car you want to buy on car sales or Gumtree. Or go on car auction sites like Grey’s online or Manheim.
Where to Sell Old Cars
Similarly, when you want to sell your old car, you can go online on car sales or gumtree to make a sale. But the best and quickest way of getting cash for your car would be to call a car wrecker near you. Car wreckers not only pay cash on the spot and also pick up the car for free. So you don’t have to worry about getting the car up on its feet for selling.
About Rapid Car Removal