News / Blogs
Letting go of your “baby” is almost like letting go of an actual child for some car lovers out there. It’s understandable to be so attached to something that has participated in major moments and milestones in your life. Even it wasn’t a very pretty car or had a history of adversity, it’s extremely hard to simply start over from scratch with a new car. What if your car survived an accident, but received more damage than those who were inside? Is it worth latching onto your car when the Blue Book value and the cost of repairs do not add up?
If you’re asking yourself this question, then the vast majority of the time that answer is going to be a resounding “no”. If your car gets into an accident and is towed, you should be prepared to sell it off. Here is some advice on avoiding any more loss towards your investment.
Keep your Papers in Order
By keeping records of all the work you have had done to the car, you can get a better determination of how much value is left in the car after a major accident that renders the repair bill outside of your budget. This is extremely important, whether you salvage your car or take it to a mechanic for inspection. If your car does get towed right away at an accident, it will help you get a fair shake, rather than you taking whatever offer is given.
Is Your Car “totaled”?
Insurance companies deem a car “totaled” if the cost of repair exceeds the current market value. In all actuality, that limit is placed a bit under the car’s value, for good measure. When your car is in a wreck, your insurance provider may find it in their best interest to inspect the car and determine what they want to do with it. In some cases, the insurance company may want to cut you a check and salvage the car themselves.
If the car is deemed totaled, the best situation for you is to sell it to a wrecker directly, as the insurance company wants to make a profit themselves. Plus, the towing fees will be waived if you sell it to them, as well. What you never want to do, however, is to sit on a damaged car that cannot be driven and start losing money on storage fees.
To sum everything up, if you keep your paperwork in order, don’t panic in the event of a car wreck. Count your blessings that you or anyone else did not get seriously hurt, but do not procrastinate by wringing your hands over the loss of your beloved vehicle.
The best case scenario would be you having someone with you who is well-versed with cars and can recognise what is and isn’t salvageable with your car. If you do not have anyone who you can bring with you, then you must rely on the insurance company salvaging the car for you. Don’t hand over your title without finalising the sale. Once insurance guys have done their part, just call a wrecker and they will remove your car for free and if there is still any life left, they will pay cash for that car.
You can always reach out the car wreckers who care for you and are always ready to help you out in any way possible. We at Rapid Car Removal, we provide free advice to all who are in distress and don’t know what to do in the time of crisis.
Just give us a call and we will guide you step by step on how to recover from this loss.
About Rapid Car Removal
We are Melbourne’s largest car wreckers, we buy cars for cash throughout Melbourne region including Geelong and Mornington Peninsula. If you want to sell your car for cash and get free car removal then give us a call at 0438 942 754
We’ve recently created a new page on our website for Mornington car dismantling services throughout Melbourne’s Southern suburbs. Do you need to sell an unwanted vehicle in Mornington? We’re the team to call! You’ll get up to $9999 cash in the hand for any type of vehicle – vehicles in any make, model, condition and age!
1. Talk to different car dealers around your suburb. Most probably they will say they want car up and running, only then they can make an offer. Other bets could be on finding private buyers through gumtree or car sales, but they don’t have a tow truck to pick the car from your location and towing a car away can cost way more than the car cost itself. So you see your chances are real slim in this case.
2. Get the car up and running. Finding a mechanic won’t be an issue, as mechanic sees such cars as their point of income for weeks to come, but the problem is finding the parts. By this time, you would realise you will now spend way more than the original worth of the car and you could have bought a new car in this money.
3. BEST SOLUTION. Call Rapid Car Removal! We will give you a very fair cash price of your car depending on make, model, year and condition. We will wreck your car and will make it easier for other Aussies to find parts for this model.
A WIN-WIN situation for all.
Who are we?
We are Melbourne’s leading car wreckers. We buy around 1,000 cars and trucks each month and are very much interested in your vehicle. We are expert in junk car removal and we offer good cash for the wrecked cars.
Get top cash for your cars in Melbourne.
Oftentimes, people get confused while making a decision while selling their cars. Most of them consider when they sell their car to a car wrecker they won’t get enough cash for it. Which is true up to some extent but then you shouldn’t always straight away go to a wrecker, you go when you know that your car is a pile of crap and nobody would buy it for himself. The cost of towing in Melbourne is that much that you would end up paying several hundred dollars just to get the scrap out of your yard. So considering all this we have compiled a list of circumstances that you should consider.
For instance while writing about this I just took a call, the lady from Wantirna had a Ford Falcon EA 1992 and some drunken driver hit that car in her driveway. Now the car was working good for the lady but after the hit, it was declared a total loss. Now selling that car over eBay, Car Sales or Gumtree is not easy at all, as no one can afford a tow truck to just lift that old car. So the best bet is to transfer all your headache to wreckers and get a decent cash from them.
Following are few other scenarios when you can go to a car wrecker to sell your car.
- When your car is completely wrecked, as wreckers don’t mind the condition of the car and you will better off them doing the car removal for you. Contacting car dealers would be a waste of time as they are only interested in on-road cars.
- When your car model is too old and you have already waited and wasted time posting ads on car sales directories. Instant quote is what you will get from car wreckers.
- When you need to sell your car urgently, even if it is a newer model and have loads of road life left. Car wreckers are the only one to help you out in this case, as other cash loan providers literally take everything out of the deal and you would eventually get just a few dimes. Car wreckers know about the makes and models and they know the worth of each car.
Car buyers at Rapid Car Removal give an instant cash for cars quote for these vehicles as well. As these cars won’t be wrecked and will be repaired and sold as it is.
Not all wreckers are same though, there are many wreckers who make a false commitment over the phone but when they come for a pickup, they change their quote. So you have to go with an honest company like Rapid Car Removal.
Rapid Car Removal provides the best cash for cars rates in Melbourne. Follow the link to get more details.